The Department of Public Works has all available equipment and staff working to clear the streets of the recent snow event. This includes plow trucks, front-end loaders, and various smaller plow trucks and equipment.
The Department will continue working 24/7 until all streets are clear of snow. Plow crews are scheduled to be out this evening. Therefore, please dig out vehicles and have them move as soon as possible to either a location that has already been plowed or find off street parking in order for crews to be able to clear any remaining snow from these areas.
Following these guidelines will aid the Department in snow clearing operations:
• Plan accordingly. If you need to be traveling somewhere, please slow down!
• Park vehicles off-street (driveways) if possible.
• Follow overnight winter parking regulations by alternating parking. Remember, “Park for Tomorrow”.
• Do not blow or shovel snow back into the street.
• Be a good neighbor and clear sidewalks within 48 hours after the snow stops falling.
• Keep our Plow Truck Drivers safe and on the road by providing 75 feet clearance so they are able to safely remove the snow.
The Department appreciates everyone’s patience as cleanup operations continue.
Is there a pothole that you would like to see fixed? Or a city tree that needs to be trimmed?